The Good Grief Trust
The Good Grief Trust exists to help all those suffering grief in the UK. They aim to find the bereaved, acknowledge their grief and provide reassurance, a virtual hand of friendship and ongoing support.
Survivors Of Bereavement By Suicide
Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide exist to meet the needs and break the isolation experienced by those bereaved by suicide.
Five Ways to Wellbeing (Connect, Be Active, Take Notice, Keep Learning and Give) is a set of activities, which helps provide you with the skills to be happier, healthier and better able to cope in everyday life, especially when things aren’t going so well.
Telephone: 01744 371 111
St. Helens Bereavement Service
Telephone: 01744 451793
At A Loss.org
Their vision is that nobody in the UK, suffering a significant loss, should be left floundering or alone. Their aim is to ensure that every bereaved person in the UK can find bereavement support when they need it.
Wigan Council Bereavement Support
The following agencies and services are available to people looking for support with bereavement.
St Helens Wellbeing
The link above contains a PDF file with an extensive list of contacts and organisations.
Guide to if Death occurs at Home or in Hospital
If Death occurs at Home
1. Telephone the doctor who will visit to confirm that death has taken place.
2. Contact a funeral director.
3. Arrange to collect the doctor’s Medical Certificate of Death (usually from the surgery).
4. Take this to the Registrar’s Office, (together with the deceased’s Medical Card and Birth Certificate, if available) for the area in which the death took place. Alternatively you can register by declaration at any convenient Registrar’s Office but certificates will not be available as these will have to be posted to you a few days later.
5. The Registrar will normally issue a Green coloured certificate for you to give to your funeral director who will look after necessary arrangements for the funeral. The Registrar will also issue a white notification certificate for the DSS. They will also enquire as to the number of Certified Copies you require for dealing with the deceased finances (a fee is payable for each copy).
If the Death occurs in Hospital
1. Contact a funeral director to inform him his services are required.
2. Collect the certificate from the hospital then follow 4 – 5 as above